Monday, January 23, 2012

Best Stir Fry Ever! GF

I don't know if I have ever mentioned my new love, Bountiful Baskets.  If you've never heard of BB - it's a co-op for fruits and veggies.  There are also other things that can be ordered like bread, sometimes honey, olive oil, etc.  I've been ordering and picking up baskets for almost a year now.  The fruits and veggies have been amazing!  This past week I added on an Asian pack to the basket order.  It was HUGE!  Last night I made the most delicious stir fry.  I didn't exactly measure anything in this recipe.  I couldn't find a recipe that matched what I had for a sauce and so it's made with what I had on hand.  This was my first time trying fresh water chestnuts.  Much better than the canned variety.  Next time, I'll use rice noodles instead of brown rice.

Doesn't this look yummy!

Asian Sauce

1 clementine orange
1 slice fresh pineapple
1/4 C soy or tamari sauce
grated fresh ginger to taste
tsp or so of apple cider vinegar
1 clove of garlic, pressed

Blend all ingredients well and set aside.

Stir fry

Pre-cooked chicken, cubed (optional)
Bok choy leaves and stems cut up
Asian cabbage cut up
Fresh snow peas
Fresh water chestnuts peeled and cut up
Carrots cut in strips
Diced green onions
Any other veggies or greens that you like in stir fry

Place all ingredients in a large sauce pan, including sauce.  Saute for 5 minutes or less.  Serve over rice or noodles!


2 comments:

The Hermyzoo! said...

I can't wait to make this. I love bok choy. We grew it in our garden last year and ate it a lot. Thanks so much for your inspiring recipes :)

Anonymous said...

Vegetable recipe is one of my favorite to cook. But I didn't try it in stir fry recipe. Thanks for sharing this, I will now try it on my own.

Best Stir Fry Recipe