Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Creamy Broccoli Soup

I am pretty excited about this recipe.  Mostly because it's my own creation AND it tasted so yummy.  I put cheese in it because I told my 8 year old I would.  Next time I won't.  It didn't need it at all.

1 cup grated or blended carrots (I used 3 large carrots processed in my Blentec
1/2 a large onion chopped
2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
2 cups broth or almond, soy, or dairy milk
1 - 1 1/2 large avocado
1 cup of cheddar cheese (optional)
2 cups cut and cooked broccoli

Place carrots, onion, and broth in stock pot and simmer until onions are tender.  Place chosen liquid in blender with avocado and blend until creamy.  Add avocado mixture to stock pot and simmer for 5 minutes.  Add cheese and stir until melted.  Stir in broccoli and serve!


This picture does not do it justice!

No comments: